Saturday, May 18, 2013

Slim Is In, Stout Is Out

I was slimmer last year, and it was all good.  I earned the privilege after losing 10% of my body weight in six weeks.  I was quite proud of myself.  I felt better about everything, and I didn't mind being seen. I was in a happier state. I think back to when this picture was taken: I was having a wonderful time with friends at the Frankfurt Art Bar in Frankfurt, Germany. My great friend Jogi, seated to my right, is a superb jazz pianist and a wonderful soul.  The young lady on my left is a Russian friend who just finished university and is great to be around.  And I was feeling groovy.  My social life was in full swing, and everything seemed to be in place.

Since then I have returned to my old habits -- and my previous shape.  All those good thoughts about myself are now only memories.  The social life is nowhere.  And I am back to square one.  No one wants to be negative.  But the feelings that I experience when I am in bad form are generally  negative.  The mind becomes dull, The body craves the sound nutrition that it deserves. The soul is listless and unwell.

It would be quite easy to remain in an undisciplined state, and unhappy with myself.  The only thing to be done is to return to the same disciplines that brought me to that happy moment. That's something to consider.

Resources:

No comments: