Monday, May 26, 2008

Vocal harmonies

I had a short but very productive rehearsal with two colleagues yesterday. We worked on harmonies on a couple of Beatles songs. Three-part harmony on Beatles tunes! This is gonna be great! Should have a short set ready by the next concert.

Bob Crook and I are still polishing the duets. We have about forty songs now pretty much memorized. We want to add bass and drums but we're still looking for the right people.

I also have a mixed quartet in the works. It's not clear when we'll perform, but it may be just for informal functions. The problem is just getting everybody's schedules to sync up. I'm really looking forward to this sound, but it may take a while to get a little songlist together. We're still contemplating which music we want to do.

As a singer, I find it easier to work with other singers than with intrumentalists. Sometimes I wonder if I should just do a vocal ensemble rather than working with a band. But I expect I'll be doing both. I'll keep you informed.

No comments: